Press release issued by Intro 2020:
Tamron announces the development of compact and lightweight high-speed telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras
Much-anticipated third model in its series of F/2.8 high-speed zoom lenses delivers superb optical performance with extremely quiet, fast focus
70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056)
October 23, 2019, Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka; Headquarters: Saitama City), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of a new high-speed telephoto zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras, the 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056).
Developed under the concept of “making high-speed zoom lenses user-friendly,” Model A056 features a compact and lightweight design, an ideal match for full-frame mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The 67mm filter diameter is the same as all other Tamron lenses in this series. The optical design includes several specialized glass elements that contribute to the lens’s superb imaging performance. The lens’s very short 0.85m (33.5 in) MOD (Minimum Object Distance) expands overall versatility.
The lens adopts Tamron’s newly developed VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism that produces a quiet, quick autofocus drive. Other features that support a great shooting experience include a Moisture-Resistant Construction helpful for outdoor shooting and Fluorine Coating for easy maintenance. In addition, the Model A056 is fully compatible with various camera-specific features including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF.
This new model joins the 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A046) and the 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036) and brings Tamron’s total of F/2.8 zoom lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras to three.
|PRODUCT NAME||DATE OF LAUNCH|
|70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056)
For Sony E-mount (35mm full-frame)
Launch planned in the Spring, 2020
- Comfortably compact (149mm / 5.9 in) and light weight (815g / 28.7 oz).
- 67mm filter diameter, same as all other Tamron lenses for full-frame mirrorless
- Superb optical performance and MOD of 0.85m (33.5 in) for a broader range of photographic
- Extremely quiet and fast newly developed VXD linear motor focus
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating contribute to a comfortable, user friendly photographic experience.
- Compatible with various camera-specific features including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye
* Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.
Optical Product Line-up:
Interchangeable lenses for 35mm / Digital SLR camera, Interchangeable lenses for Non-Reflex type camera, Camcorder lenses, Digital still camera lenses, Drone lenses, Optical device units, Surveillance camera lenses, FA and Machine vision lenses, Automotive camera lenses, Camera module, Test plates, etc.
*Tamron products are imported and distributed in the UK & Ireland by Intro 2020 Ltd.
*(Until 30th November 2019)